If you’re not sure whether blog writing is the right way forward for your business, you should consider some of the points below which outline the reasons why people choose to blog and how it could benefit your business if you blog in the right way. Good quality, unique content is a great way to maximise exposure on popular search engines such as Google, so there is no better time to get blogging.
First and foremost, a blog allows you to express your opinion on any topic of your choice. It can make your business more personable as you can invite visitors to your website to join in the debate and express their opinion on topics you have blogged about.
You can use blogging as a way to market or promote something which is happening within your company, for example an event, product or new service you are offering, or to show people that you can write about a number of current topics with confidence. You may even use it to influence people into thinking along the same lines as you in relation to a certain subject.
Blogging is a way of helping you stay on top of the key areas within your business – for me to blog about blogging proves that I am aware of the importance of blogging and also that I can blog with some element of confidence!
The key to a good blog is to have passion and conviction about the topic you’re writing about. Your aim is to engage readers so that they are keen to learn more about you and your opinions. But successful blogging takes time and commitment, so if you’re not really sure how to pick a topic to blog about, follow my five simple tips below:
• Choose a topic you feel passionate about – you will need to consistently update your blogs, so you want to make the process as enjoyable as possible. If you like the subject, the writing is more likely to flow, whereas a subject that bores you will quickly turn stale.
• Invite your readers to debate – ask questions to your intended audience, and if people leave a comment, be sure to respond to it promptly. The success of your blog section will depend on the type of readers you gain.
• Maintain objectivity on topics – there will always be people who disagree with your point of view. Embrace this, and see it as an opportunity to enter into a friendly debate.
• Remain strong-minded and confident – don’t let a personal attack affect your blogging. Every so often someone might deeply object to your blog so you need to be prepared for this and not take it too personally. Never attack anyone in response to a blog, it could have bad repercussions for you and your business.
• Choose a topic you enjoy – good blogs need to be well thought out and provide fresh and meaningful content to readers. Try to keep up with current topics relating to your business and current affairs, so you have a well-rounded perspective and can keep your blog relevant and interesting.
Finally, start blogging as soon as you can. Blogging is a widely recognised form of social networking, and it is good to show that you are on top of it and willing to get involved. The more you blog, the more confidence you’ll gain. Good luck!